- “Attorneys of Excellence” – Fort Worth Business Press
- “Fifth Circuit Survey – Consumer Law” – Texas Tech Law Review, Vol. XVI (1985)
- “Plaintiff’s Procedural and Strategic Issues in Suing the Government” – Seminar: Suing and Defending Governmental Entities, State Bar of Texas (2008)
Married to Lynda Brender, for 45 years, and the father of three – Sarah, a paralegal with Advanced Micro Devices in Austin; Erin, a board certified internal medical physician with Rogue Valley Medical Center in Medford, Oregon; and John, an attorney formerly serving as an Assistant District Attorney with the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office, now with the firm. Art has five grandchildren, Molly (14), Ellie (13), and Grace Blankenship (7), and Sulayman (8) and Rayan Rizvi (5).
- University of Texas, BA 1968, J.D. 1973
- Board Certified, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Personal Injury Trial Law
- Board Certified, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Criminal Law
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Licensed in all federal courts in Texas, the Fifth and Ninth Circuits, Federal Court of Claims, and the United States Supreme Court
- Lt.(jg) United States Navy, 1968-71
- NAACP “Outstanding Service in the Field of Civil Rights Award”
- Texas Woman’s Political Caucus “Good Guy Award”
- Eldon Mahon Inn of Court
- State Bar of Texas Pattern Jury Charge Committee
- Co-Chair, Individual Rights and Responsibilities Section,
Texas State Bar
- President, Humane Society of North Texas
- Chairman, West Meadowbrook Neighborhood Association
- Board Member, Tarrant County Bar Association
- Parish Council, St. Rita’s Catholic Church
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- “Texas Super Lawyers” – Thomson Reuters (2009 -2014)
- “Power Attorneys 2010 Award” – Fort Worth Business Press
- “2010 H.G. Wells Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award” – Tarrant County Trial Lawyers
- Author: “Police Reports – Driving While Intoxicated” – The American Journal of Criminal Law, Feburary, 1972
Art Brender: Personal Injury Trial Law and Criminal Law
Art Brender “Super Lawyers” by Thomson Reuters
Art Brender: National Board of Trial Advocacy
Art Brender designated “Top Attorneys” by Fort Worth, Texas Magazine Venture, LP
Art Brender: LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubell Peer Review Rated
Art Brender: The College of the State Bar of Texas
Art Brender: American Bar Association
Art Brender: The American Association for Justice
John, a Fort Worth native, is married to Brittyn Russell Brender and had their first child born at the end of June.
John graduated from the University of Texas in 2001 then attended Baylor University School of Law, earning his degree in 2004.
Since then John has become a highly successful criminal defense and personal injury attorney in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, earning the respect of Judges and peers alike for his integrity, skill and hard work. He has an extensive amount of courtroom experience having tried more than 75 jury trials. His reputation for courtroom excellence across the Metroplex has resulted in his being chosen as a “Top Attorney” by Fort Worth Magazine in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 and named a “Rising Star” by Thomson Reuters in 2009.
He began his practice working in the Law Offices of Art Brender for three years, concentrating on civil and criminal law. While working for Art, John handled a variety of cases ranging from personal injury lawsuits to first degree felonies. In 2008, John went to work for the Dallas District Attorney Craig Watkins as an assistant district attorney where he handled misdemeanors and felonies. John was assigned to the misdemeanor trial bureau, felony trial bureau, organized crime division, and specialized crime division during his five year career as a prosecutor. Because of this wide range of experience in a variety of areas, John is skilled in DWI defense, drug related offenses, white-collar crime, and felony offenses. John’s experience as a former prosecutor gives him a unique perspective when assessing the best way to handle your criminal case.If you or a loved one has been arrested, you need someone who is skilled and experienced to protect your rights. He can guide you through the bail bond and jail release process anywhere in the Metroplex and will work tirelessly on your behalf until your case is resolved.
John is a dedicated professional who has committed his practice to serving those in need of help, whether facing criminal accusation or has been injured by the carelssness or recklessness of another.