Personal Injury

If you have been injured by the carelessness or recklessness of another or harmed by the use of a defective product, you may have a personal injury claim and be entitled to receive both compensatory damages and if justified, punitive damages.

Compensatory damages compensate you for your expenses, pain and suffering, and mental anguish related to your injury. Punitive damages, sometimes called exemplary damages, are used to punish a wrongdoer to help deter them from harming others in the future.

We will work with you in dealing with all of the details resulting from an unforeseen injury caused by the fault of others, including working to help you in dealing with insurance companies, adverse parties, medical bills, and employment or counseling issues necessary related to your injuries and loss.

Our staff understands injuries suffered in personal injury and death cases are often devastating not only to the injured person, but also their family, and will work diligently to help you and your family in this time of need to see that you are fairly compensated for the losses that you sustained.

If you believe you have been injured by the carelessness
or recklessness of another or harmed by the use of
a defective product,
contact us and we will be
happy to evaluate your situation.

We have over sixty-five years of combined experience and well-recognized success in helping working families in the following areas:

Auto and Truck Collisions

Wrongful Death

Defective Products

Gas Explosions

Electrical Injuries

Railroad Crossing and FELA

Airplane and Helicopter Crashes

Insurance Bad Faith

Hospital Negligence

We have over sixty-five years of combined experience and well-recognized success in helping working families in the following areas:


Some Common Questions and Answers:

I was involved in a motor vehicle collision that was not my fault – what do I need to do?

If you were injured in the collision, but it was not necessary for you to receive medical treatment at the scene or at an emergency room, you should see your family doctor if you need medical attention. Oftentimes, the force of the collision will cause physical injury, but you will not realize or feel the pain until hours later or even the next day. If you do not have a family or primary care physician or if you are in intense pain or the pain is severe, but develops after normal working hours, you should go to an emergency room. Family members or close friends are the best source of referrals to physicians. While some doctors specialize in injuries and have well-qualified personnel and provide good treatment, others do not, and your primary care physician knows you and is best suited to recommend a specialist if one is needed. If you or a loved one is seriously injured, there are a number of matters that need to be investigated, and you should contact an attorney who specializes in personal injury law as soon as possible.

What can I expect to get out of a personal injury lawsuit?

Texas law allows anyone who is injured by the negligence of another to recover for any and all medical bills or expense paid or incurred due to the injury, as well as any future medical expense which, in reasonable probability, will be needed in the future. You will also be able to recover for a loss of income or earning capacity in the past, as well as any reasonably foreseeable loss of earnings or earning capacity in the future, as a result of your injuries. Texas also permits recovery for disability or disfigurement if caused by the collision. You may also recover for mental anguish, pain and suffering in the past, as well as what may reasonably be anticipated as a result of your injuries in the future. If an individual or a corporation causing your injury was not only negligent, but displayed a careless and reckless disregard for your health and safety, they may be found to have acted with gross negligence and you would be entitled to exemplary damages to punish the wrongdoer for this heightened degree of fault.

What should I bring when I see the lawyer?

If you have a copy of the police report, you should bring that with you, along with any medical information you received from any treatment that you received. If you can, you should take photographs of your vehicle. We recommend taking 12 photographs beginning at the front of the vehicle and going clockwise around the vehicle. If you or a loved one has been severely injured, you should contact us immediately, and we will have a professional obtain photographs of the scene and the vehicles, and obtain a copy of the police photographs.

What should I do when I get calls asking me to give a statement?

Calls concerning a statement can come from a number of sources – usually from the insurance company hired by the negligent driver who has caused your injury. Sometimes your own insurance company will contact you if you report a claim for property damage or to collect on no-fault insurance coverage that you may have, such Personal Injury Protection (PIP) or medical payment coverage (Med-Pay). You will have to give your statement to your own insurance carrier in order for them to provide coverage. We recommend not talking with anyone other than your own insurance carrier who may call you simply because the caller may not accurately report or record what you are telling them. If we are retained as your lawyer and it is necessary to give any type of statement, we will be present when your statement is given and make sure it is properly recorded and transcribed.

personalinjuryleftWhat do I need to do about my wrecked car?

If you carry collision insurance, we suggest you report the matter to your insurance carrier and have them arrange to make an estimate of the damage to your vehicle. If the collision is not your fault, the liability carrier of the person who caused the collision will pay for the damage to your car, oftentimes they are dilatory in getting estimates, so we recommend contacting your insurance carrier initially. If you do not carry collision insurance, contact us and we will assist you in dealing with the negligent party’s insurance carrier to assist you in your car repair. We only handle cases involving injuries. If no one was injured in the collision and there is only property damage involved, you should diligently pursue your property damage with the negligent driver’s insurance adjuster. If no settlement is reached, you may file a case in small claims court.

I did not feel like I was hurt at the time of the collision, but later, felt pain in my neck, back and other parts of my body beginning to hurt, should I go to the doctor?

Yes. You should visit your family or primary care physician even if your pain did not begin until some time after the collision. It is important to fully report the details of the collision and each place where you hurt to your physician so that he or she may determine an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.